About Me

Hello! My name is Mrs. Murley. I am a graduate from Clarke University with a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading and Coaching Endorsement. I have finished my student teaching experience at Resurrection Elementary in the kindergarten and third grade classroom. I have been teaching at St. Mary Immaculate Conception since 2009 in the Kindergarten classroom. I recently accepted a job working at Resurrection where I student taught in the Kindergarten classroom. I LOVE teaching kindergarten. It is a true passion of mine. I have a strong passion and eagerness to teach young children to become proficient and independent learners. I continue to strive to incorporate technology into the classroom. I believe technology gives students the building block to succeed in this technological driven society at a young age. We do so much in our classroom throughout the year with Ipads, Mimios, Clickers, and Flip Videos to develop our young learners. The students become successful, independent learners with all these devices and they enjoy learning with them.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Chicks Last Day :(

We said good-bye to the chicks :( This year we did not have the turn out that we have in the past. We only had three chicks hatch out of 36 eggs. The three that did hatch one of them was very weak and didn't make it past one day. However, I think the students really enjoyed this experience. They learned so much about journaling and raising an egg into a chick. We used many different forms of information from past videos of the chicks and the internet to books and experience. The students LAST journal entry on the chicks is listed below.
Koree
Day 23
Thar is anathr chick. It had an egg shell on it.
*There is another chick. It had an egg shell on it.*
Day 24
We sad good bi to the chick's. Christa Spilbauer took the chick's. I think the chick's will play at Christa spielbauer.
*We said good bye to the chicks. Christa Speilbauer took the chicks. I think the chicks will play at Christa Spielbauer’s house.*
Luke
Day 24
we sed good by to the chicks and we wur sad. The chick went to christa spielbauers hous to get mor spas.
*We said good-bye to the chicks and we were sad. The chicks went to Christa Speilbauer’s house to get more space.*
Jenny
Day24
We sed good by to the chcks LuvthechcksI I sed to the chcks Christa spielbauer fed the chcks
*We said good-bye to the chicks. “Love the chicks,” I said to the chicks. Christa Spielbauer will feed the chicks.*
Isabella
Day 24
the chicks are gon for evr and evr. I am sad
*The chicks are gone forever and ever. I am sad.*
Nik
Day24
Today the chics aru going to ther nooW home
*Today the chicks are going to their new home.*
Day 24.
The chiks are gon. The prsn hoo took the chicks is christa spielbauer. They are going to run.
*The chicks are gone. The person who took the chicks is Christa Spielbauer. They are going to run.*
Day 24
Today the chics aru going and the chics aru ganound run in the hen hous.
To ther noow home thae are gana runaround in the hous
*Today the chicks are going and the chicks are going to run in the hen house. To their new home, they are going to run around in the house.*
Day 23
we got a new chickin Today . Mrs murley tuk the chickin Out of the egg bekus it wus haf Way out.
*We got a new chicken today. Mrs. Murley took the chicken out of the egg because it was half way out.*
**Entries with no names could be Ava, Tristum,

No comments:

Post a Comment