About Me

Hello! My name is Mrs. Murley. I am a graduate from Clarke University with a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading and Coaching Endorsement. I have finished my student teaching experience at Resurrection Elementary in the kindergarten and third grade classroom. I have been teaching at St. Mary Immaculate Conception since 2009 in the Kindergarten classroom. I recently accepted a job working at Resurrection where I student taught in the Kindergarten classroom. I LOVE teaching kindergarten. It is a true passion of mine. I have a strong passion and eagerness to teach young children to become proficient and independent learners. I continue to strive to incorporate technology into the classroom. I believe technology gives students the building block to succeed in this technological driven society at a young age. We do so much in our classroom throughout the year with Ipads, Mimios, Clickers, and Flip Videos to develop our young learners. The students become successful, independent learners with all these devices and they enjoy learning with them.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sorry it has been so long since I have blogged about the students. With the end of the school year approaching fast and my resignation everything has been crazy!
The students have been working on planting different types of vegetables and flowers. All the flowers that are made are donated to SMIC for them to sell to the community. We use milk cartoons from lunch, cut the tops off, and fill them with dirt when we do the transplanting. This is a great activity for the students as they develop their fine motor skills with cutting the cardboard milk cartoons and not to mention all the learning that goes into the planting process.
The Community Plant Sale is Mothers Day Weekend Fri. May 11 2:00-6:00 Sat. May 12 5:00-7:00pm and Sun May 13th 10-12am

Teacher Appreciate Week is this week! TO ALL TEACHERS: YOU ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AND ALL THAT YOU DO GOES TO A GREAT CAUSE!

The students have been working hard on learning how to tell time, add, and subtract in Math. This Everyday Math program is a great program and lets the students work hands-on as they learn.

The students just finished doing their last Mass of the year last week. The students did such a beautiful job with May Crowning. Each student had at least two if not three. These students read Mass parts that in years past I gave to 8th graders to read!! I am just ecstatic with the process all these students have make throughout the year in their reading. They are such great readings and LOVE doing it! We read all the shared reading books together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment